Facebook Twitter 新浪微博 Instagram YouTube Friday, Sep 23, 2016

Entrepreneur addresses rumors about charitable donations at press conference

(People's Daily Online)    18:19, September 23, 2016

Entrepreneur Chen Guangbiao held a press conference at his office on Sept. 23 in order to respond to recent rumors about his weight loss and philanthropy.

While some have accused the businessman of undergoing surgery to achieve such a dramatic physical change, Chen called the claims "hearsay." Instead, Chen said he simply followed the advice and instruction of several experts. He credited his healthy diet with radically altering his physique. He also said that such vicious gossip has negatively impacted the image of his company.

Chen provides evidence for his donations

At the press conference, Chen, who began to do charity work in 1998, also announced that 99 percent of his donations had been made, and the other 1 percent were already in motion. Chen has previously won the China Charity Award and was named the "most benevolent person in China."

A piece of news on Sept. 20 questioned the authenticity of Chen’s donations, however, including his donation of an entertainment center for the elderly in his hometown. During the press conference, a person who identified himself as the village secretary offered a document as evidence that the entertainment center belongs to the village.

At the press conference, Chen Guangbiao presented the invoice and related documents for his donation, but reporters were not able to examine the files. 

Proofs of Chen's donations

(For the latest China news, Please follow People's Daily on Twitter and Facebook)(Web editor: Zhang Tianrui, Bianji)

Add your comment

Related reading

We Recommend

Most Read

Key Words