
BEIJING, July 26 -- The second China International Import Expo (CIIE), which will be held in Shanghai between Nov. 5 and 10, will enjoy greater participation than the previous year, a senior official said Friday.
So far, over 3,000 enterprises from more than 150 countries and regions have confirmed to participate in the second expo, Vice Minister of Commerce Wang Bingnan said at a press conference for the 100-day countdown to the second CIIE.
These companies come from member states of the G20, BRICS and the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, as well as nearly 60 countries along the Belt and Road and 40 of the world's least developed countries, the vice minister said.
The total exhibition area will be more than 300,000 square meters this year, Wang said.
Wang added that the second CIIE will dedicate a special section to new consumer goods, and establish an outdoor zone for self-driving cars.
Fire brigade in Shanghai holds group wedding
Tourists enjoy ice sculptures in Datan Town, north China
Sunset scenery of Dayan Pagoda in Xi'an
Tourists have fun at scenic spot in Nanlong Town, NW China
Harbin attracts tourists by making best use of ice in winter
In pics: FIS Alpine Ski Women's World Cup Slalom
Black-necked cranes rest at reservoir in Lhunzhub County, Lhasa
China's FAST telescope will be available to foreign scientists in April
"She power" plays indispensable role in poverty alleviation
Top 10 world news events of People's Daily in 2020
Top 10 China news events of People's Daily in 2020
Top 10 media buzzwords of 2020
Year-ender:10 major tourism stories of 2020
No interference in Venezuelan issues
Biz prepares for trade spat
Broadcasting Continent
Australia wins Chinese CEOs as US loses