Two young girls die in Delhi fire

(Xinhua) 10:29, April 03, 2024

NEW DELHI, April 2 (Xinhua) -- Two girls aged 13 and 15 years died of asphyxiation when a fire broke out inside their house in the Indian capital city on Tuesday, confirmed the local police.

The fire incident was reported from a highly populated area in Delhi's Sadar Bazar area.

Both siblings were trapped inside the bathroom of their house after the fire broke out in the living area due to a short circuit in an air-conditioner. They were rescued by the fire department officials, but died on the way to a hospital.

Four fire-trucks were rushed to the site as soon as the fire broke out, said an official of the Delhi Fire Services.

"All possible efforts were made to rescue the girls alive. After taking out in an unconscious state both the girls were rushed to a nearby hospital. But they were declared brought dead," added the official.

(Web editor: Zhang Kaiwei, Liang Jun)


Related Stories