Facebook Twitter 新浪微博 Instagram YouTube Monday, May 16, 2016
English>>People's Daily Online Exclusives

Better than a dorm? A Chinese 'student' buying a $31-million Vancouver mansion shocks many

(People's Daily Online)    11:02, May 16, 2016

(File Photo)

The majority owner of a Vancouver mansion that was sold earlier this year for a record $31.1 million is a Chinese “student,” according to property records.

Land title documents list a Chinese 'student' Tian Yu Zhou as having a 99% interest in the five-bedroom, eight-bathroom, 14,600 square-foot mansion on a 1.7-acre lot. The other 1% ownership goes to a 'businesswoman' named Cuie Feng.

Mortgage documents attached to the land title papers show that a mortgage of $9.9 million was taken out by Zhou and Feng from the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce on April 28. The bi-weekly payments are listed as $17,079.41.

(For the latest China news, Please follow People's Daily on Twitter and Facebook)(Editor:Bianji,Wu Chengliang)

Add your comment

Related reading

We Recommend

Most Viewed


Key Words