Facebook Twitter 新浪微博 Instagram YouTube Friday, Apr. 1, 2016
Search
Archive
English
English>>China Society

Former senior political advisor prosecuted for accepting bribes

(Xinhua)    18:40, April 01, 2016

BEIJING, April 1 -- Zhu Mingguo, former head of the political advisory body in south China's Guangdong Province, has been prosecuted on charges of accepting bribes and possessing property from unknown sources.

The people's procuratorate of south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region has completed its investigation into Zhu and the charges were filed with the Liuzhou City Intermediate People's Court in Guangxi, the Supreme People's Procuratorate said in a statement on Friday.

Zhu allegedly took advantage of his various official posts to seek personal benefits for others and accepted huge amounts of money and gifts, according to the indictment.

"Zhu's assets and expenditure greatly exceeded his legal income, and he was unable to specify their sources," it said.

The Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Commission for Discipline Inspection announced in February last year that Zhu had been dismissed from public office and expelled from the CPC following an investigation by the commission.

(For the latest China news, Please follow People's Daily on Twitter and Facebook)(Editor:Ma Xiaochun,Bianji)

Add your comment

Related reading

We Recommend

Most Viewed

Day|Week

Key Words