Facebook Twitter 新浪微博 腾讯微博 Wednesday 3 June 2015
English>>China Society

Farmers start to collect World's most expensive panda tea

(Chinanews.com)    10:37, March 04, 2015
A man and his daughter in panda costumes collect tea leaves fertilised by panda droppings at a tea farm in Ya'an, Sichuan province March 3, 2015. Such tea is healthy because pandas absorb just 30 per cent of the nutrients from their diet of wild bamboo, and pass on the remaining 70 per cent to plants via the high-quality organic compost. The special panda tea will be sold for 220,000 yuan ($35,051) for just 500 grams, making it one of the most expensive tea in the world. (Photo: China News Service/ Zhong Xin)


(For the latest China news, Please follow People's Daily on Twitter and Facebook)
(Editor:Ma Xiaochun,Bianji)

Add your comment

Most Viewed


Hot News

We Recommend


prev next

Related reading