BEIJING, March 11 -- China's joint working group have met with the first batch of family members of the Chinese passengers on missing Flight MH370, who arrived in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday morning.
The meeting was followed by a meeting with Malaysia Airlines officials, Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang told a regular press briefing in Beijing on Tuesday.
The working group asked Malaysia Airlines to ensure the needs of family members and keep them updated on progress in the search, Qin said.
The 13-member working group is composed of officials with the ministries of foreign affairs, public security, transportation and the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), who arrived in Kuala Lumpur on Monday evening.
They also called on Malaysia to coordinate the multinational search and rescue, and speed up the investigation, Qin said.
Five Chinese vessels are already searching for the missing plane in the waters around Flight MH370's last known location. Three more vessels will arrive in the waters later Tuesday and early Wednesday.
Qin told the press that another group of officials had also met with families of the missing passengers in Beijing.
"We also met officials of Malaysia Airlines in Beijing, asking them to properly handle the situation and keep family members informed of the search efforts," Qin added.
As for the passengers with stolen passports, Qin said there is no new evidence of more stolen passports on board. The Ministry of Public Security has already sent a team to assist the investigation, Qin noted.
The Boeing 777 aircraft disappeared from radar early Saturday morning while carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Among the passengers, 154 are Chinese.
Dozens of ships and planes from around 10 countries, including China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore and the United States, are scouring the waters around Flight MH370's last known location, but no solid clues have been found so far.