Apple News Facebook Twitter 新浪微博 Instagram YouTube Friday, Jun 14, 2019
Search
Archive
English>>

Iran says attacks on 2 oil carriers in Sea of Oman "suspicious"

(Xinhua)    08:20, June 14, 2019

TEHRAN, June 13 (Xinhua) -- Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said Thursday that the attacks on two oil tankers in the Sea of Oman earlier on the day were "suspicious."

"Reported attacks on Japan-related tankers" occurred while the Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe was meeting with Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei "for extensive and friendly talks," Zarif tweeted on Thursday.

The Iranian foreign minister called for regional dialogue, saying that "Iran's proposed Regional Dialogue Forum is imperative."

Two oil tankers were hit in the Sea of Oman on Thursday morning, with at least one of them operated by a Japanese company. The attacks came amid Abe's visit to Tehran, who is seeking to help ease tensions between Iran and the United States.

Last month, four commercial vessels suffered similar sabotage off the coast of the United Arab Emirates.

(For the latest China news, Please follow People's Daily on Twitter and Facebook)(Web editor: Xian Jiangnan, Bianji)

Add your comment

Related reading

We Recommend

Most Read

Key Words