At least 210 people had been killed since the start of the "active phase" of the Ukrainian government's "anti-terror" operation in eastern regions, Health Minister Oleg Musiy said Wednesday.
"The total number of bodies transferred to morgues has climbed to 210 since the beginning of the operation," Musiy told a press conference here.
He said 14 children under 18 and nine women were among those dead.
The minister confirmed Ukrainian servicemen, civilians and insurgents were suffering casualties but declined to give more details on the exact cause of the victims' deaths.
Kiev started its military operation against insurgents on April 13, but suspended it a week later following an agreement with Russia, the U.S. and the European Union in Geneva, under which all sides agreed to refrain from violence.
The government intensified the operation in eastern regions in early May after armed activists allegedly kidnapped and tortured several journalists and murdered a pro-government politician.