|Help | Sitemap | Archive | Advanced Search|
|Voice of Readers|
|China At a Glance|
|Constitution of the PRC|
|CPC and State Organs|
|Chinese President Jiang Zemin|
|White Papers of Chinese Government|
|Selected Works of Deng Xiaoping|
|English Websites in China|
|Wednesday, September 19, 2001, updated at 08:28(GMT+8)|
NE China's Exhibition on Japanese InvasionWang Ruoqing, an 80-year-old man in northeast China's Liaoning Province, has been holding a series of exhibitions featuring crimes committed by Japanese invasion troops during the War of Resistance Against Japanese Aggression from July 1937 to August 1945.
Over the past 15 years, the retired official in Huludao City has traveled over 20,000 km to a dozen cities in north China to collect photos and documents for his exhibition.
Wang has collected nearly 100 photos and compiled a number of books totaling six million words for display in his exhibitions in local schools, hospitals and military areas.
So far, more than 50,000 people have visited the exhibitions.
In Hulin City in Heilongjiang Province, over 10,000 people visited a museum featuring military ruins of Japanese troops.
With an investment of four million yuan, the construction of the 1,800-square-meter museum started in 1998. It opened to the public on August 19 this year.
Approaching the shameful day of September 18, more and more visitors flocked to the museum, which was originally used as a military fort by the Japanese invaders in northeast China.
Tens of thousands of Chinese laborers were forced to serve in the construction of the fort, said a local official adding that the ruins have been approved as one of the province's major education sites for patriotism and national defense.
To commemorate the September 18 Incident, Fu Erliang, a 59-year- old retired worker from Heilongjiang Province, initiated a publicity program. He rode a tricycle across 13 provinces and three municipalities from Heilongjiang to Guangdong in south China.
On the way, the old man told people about the incident and the disasters the war brought to his family.
"I simply want to get justice for the war victims," he said.
The Liaoning Provincial Archives also hosted many exhibitions for the September 18 Incident, attracting a lot of Chinese and Japanese visitors.
The archives collected abundant historical documents, photos and materials about the Japanese invasion wars from the end of 19th century and the victory of the Chinese people in the War of Resistance Against Japanese Aggression in 1945.
In front of these archives, the words of Japanese right-wing force that deny and beautify the Japanese invasion sound so weak, the official said.
The archives exhibition of anti-Japanese invasion will be open to the public until the Japanese right-ring members give up their militarist words and accept the historical facts, the official added.
In This Section
|Copyright by People's Daily Online, all rights reserved||| Mirror in U.S. | Mirror in Japan | Mirror in Edu-Net | Mirror in Tech-Net ||