|Help | Sitemap | Archive | Advanced Search|
|Voice of Readers|
|China At a Glance|
|Constitution of the PRC|
|CPC and State Organs|
|Chinese President Jiang Zemin|
|White Papers of Chinese Government|
|Selected Works of Deng Xiaoping|
|English Websites in China|
|Tuesday, September 18, 2001, updated at 23:43(GMT+8)|
No More Casualties of Chinese Citizens Reported in US AttackThere has been no new report so far on the casualties of Chinese citizens in last Tuesday's terrorist attack against the US, Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhu Bangzao said Tuesday.
Over the past few days, the Chinese Embassy and consulates general in the US have been busy visiting local hospitals and schools while keeping in close touch with related US departments and overseas Chinese communities, in an effort to find out the situation, Zhu told a regular press conference.
Chen Xiaobing, who was reported dead by his family on September 13, has been confirmed alive by his friend Tan Xuelei who said that Chen called on September 16 saying he had been trapped in the basement of an office building at the time of the attack and got saved later, according to Zhu.
The Chinese government, and China's foreign missions as well, has paid great attention to the safety of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan compatriots in the U.S., and the Chinese Consulate General in New York has actively assisted in checking the safety of Hong Kong residents at the request of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) government, he said.
To date, three of the Hong Kong residents in a name list provided by the Hong Kong SAR government have been confirmed missing, Zhu said, adding that departments concerned have contacted the families of two of them.
At the same time, the Chinese Embassy and consulates general in the U.S. are ready to offer help to Taiwan compatriots in the U.S. at any time, he said.
In This Section
|Copyright by People's Daily Online, all rights reserved||| Mirror in U.S. | Mirror in Japan | Mirror in Edu-Net | Mirror in Tech-Net ||