Foreign Media on China
- China needs to raise interest rates
- The latest data released by the Chinese State Statistical Bureau in 2010 indicates the consumer price index in China increased by 2.8% and the producer price index by 6.8% year-on-year to April this year. The growing inflationary pressure again highlights the need for China to raise interest rates.
- Washington Post
- Labor unrest in China reflects changing demographics, more awareness of rights
- China has been hit with a recent wave of labor unrest, including strikes and partial shutdowns of factories, underscoring what experts call one of the most dramatic effects of three decades of startling growth: A seemingly endless supply of cheap labor is drying up, and workers are no longer willing to endure sweatshop-like conditions.
- Is Chittagong one of China's 'string of pearls'?
- From the vast, tropical quayside of Chittagong port, you can see enormous metal tankers bearing down on simple wooden fishing boats. This squalid city has long been Bangladesh's largest port - but it is about to change forever.
- did you get that shirt from marge schott?-glenn g.
- Good report, please keep going on.