- Fruitful results of Premier Wen's visits to India, Pakistan
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao's visits to India and Pakistan from Dec. 15 to Dec. 19 are fruitful and successful with rich achievements, Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi said on Sunday.During the visits, China signed separately with India and Pakistan a string of cooperation documents and commercial contracts worth more than 10 billion U.S. dollars.
A World Big Enough for Both Dragon and Elephant
- China-India trade target set at $100b
- China and India vowed to raise bilateral trade to $100 billion by 2015, from $60 billion in 2010, and called for a stronger partnership between Asia's two giants.
- China, India agrees to establish strategic economic dialogue
- China and India on Thursday agreed to establish a Strategic Economic Dialogue to enhance macro-economic policy coordination and set a new bilateral trade target of 100 billion U.S. dollars by 2015.
- China, India cooperative partners, not rivals: Premier Wen Jiabao
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao stressed that China and India are cooperative partners instead of rivals, calling for efforts to further enhance bilateral trade links and jointly fight protectionism.
- India, China work together closely in BRIC, G20: Indian ambassador
- The convergence of interests of India and China will transcend rhetoric and manifest itself in substantial cooperation and interaction, Indian Ambassador to China Dr. S. Jaishankar said in Beijing before Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao's visit to India.
- India expects more trade with China, welcomes Chinese investment
- Indian Foreign Minister S.M. Krishna noted on Sunday that India placed special emphasis on trade cooperation with China, welcoming more Chinese enterprises to invest in the future in Indian manufacturing industry and infrastructure construction.
Stronger Economic Exchanges Consolidate the All-weather Partership
- China, Pakistan ink 10-bln-U.S. dollar deals during Premier Wen's visit
- Addressing the China-Pakistan Business Cooperation Summit in Islamabad, Wen said the deals reflected the huge potential for expanding bilateral economic and trade cooperation.The two sides inked some 20 trade deals during Wen's visit covering projects in the sectors of new energy, agriculture, cotton yarn and non-ferrous metal imports.
- Chinese premier announces package for post-flood reconstruction in Pakistan
- Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao on Saturday announced a package for post-flood reconstruction in Pakistan, including a 10 million U.S. dollar grant for flood victim compensation and a 400 million dollar concession loan.
- Wen proposes to deepen China-Pakistan practical cooperation
- Visiting Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao told Pakistani lawmakers on Sunday that the two sides should reinforce their practical cooperation in various fields.
- Pakistan goods welcome under FTA arrangment
- Visiting Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao delivered a speech at the Pakistani parliament in Islamabad on Sunday. "China welcomes Pakistan's effort to capitalize on the preferential terms in the bilateral FTA to expand exports to China, "he said. Wen also said China may explore the possibility of a currency swap agreement with Pakistan.
- Milestones of China-Pakistan Free Trade Agreement
- Pakistan has agreed to grant more favorable treatment to Chinese companies in certain conditions. Solely China-funded businesses are possible particularly in courier, telecom and tourism.
Better Strategic Mutual Trust Bodes Well for Future