Inflation expectation presses for rate hike
- China hikes bank reserve ratio in fight against inflation
- China's central bank Friday announced the third increase of the reserve requirement ratio (RRR) for banks in a month to curb runaway lending amid accelerating inflation.
- MOA: Rising costs, not hot money, drive up food prices
- China's Ministry of Agriculture spokesman Chen Mengshan, says the main reason for soaring food prices earlier this year is rising costs.
- Public concern lingers over inflation
- With prices soaring for everything from cotton to ginger, many Chinese consumers are feeling the pinch of inflation. The central government has taken measures to rein in housing and vegetable prices, however the public remains concerned about next year's uncertain future.
- Price hikes 'serious'
- The Central Economic Work Conference, the most important annual conference on the economy that usually offers predictions about policy trends in the coming year, is expected to convene Friday in Beijing.
China's Nov property prices continue to rise
- China's property prices rise slower in Nov.
- China's property prices rose at their slowest pace in a year in November. This comes after the government raised the reserve-ratio requirement for banks twice and expanded measures to limit the risk of asset bubbles.
November trade surplus narrows