Latest News:  
Beijing   Overcast/Thundershower    32 / 23 ℃  City Forecast

Home>>Life & Culture

Location determined for DreamWorks project in Shanghai

(Xinhua)

10:04, June 20, 2012

SHANGHAI, June 14 (Xinhua) -- A joint venture of U.S.-based DreamWorks Animation (DWA) and a consortium of Chinese companies will be located in Shanghai's West Bank Media Port (WBMP), government authorities said Thursday.

The joint venture, Oriental DreamWorks (ODW), will be a flagship project for the development of the cultural industry in the WBMP, which is located in Xuhui district, Chen Chengquan, chief of the district's culture bureau, said at a press conference on Shanghai's film industry.

The joint venture will be between DWA and three state-owned enterprises, Shanghai-based China Media Capital, Shanghai Media Group and Shanghai Alliance Investment Limited, with animated film production as its main business, according to an agreement signed by all parties in February. A recreation zone consisting of cinemas, restaurants, bars and theaters is also included in the project.

Chen did not disclose when construction would start.

With a preliminary investment totaling 330 million U.S. dollars, the Chinese side will hold 55 percent of ODW's shares and DWA will take up the remaining 45 percent.

Located on the west bank of the Huangpu River, the 19-hectare WBMP will be engaged in turning itself into a cultural landmark featuring film and TV production and digital entertainment.

Projects from renowned media and movie giants like Sony Pictures and Hong Kong-based TVB will also be introduced here, said Chen.

Email|Print|Comments(Editor:雪萌、叶欣)

Leave your comment0 comments

  1. Name

  

Selections for you


  1. Yushan Temple Grottos stands on cliff

  2. Organ donation story moves many

  3. Windy and snowy patrolling road in June

  4. Chinese shows his 'Travel Map for Olympics' in France

Most Popular

Opinions

  1. Trade is tool to fix global economy
  2. Skyscraper frenzy brings loan risks to new heights
  3. China to 'maintain 8% growth for over 20 years'
  4. Larger labor force not a panacea for pension woes
  5. "China Containment theory" has no market
  6. Benefits of direct yen-yuan may be few, far between
  7. Keeping up appearances online proves tough job
  8. Why China's export growth rebounds robustly
  9. Don’t hate the trader, hate the securities game
  10. Master intl rules to solve trade disputes

What's happening in China

S. China braces for tropical storm Talim

  1. Local stocks follow losses overseas
  2. New plans for power sector
  3. China to further invest in critical sectors
  4. WTO chief says trade restrictions alarming
  5. China to strengthen produce prices monitoring

China Features

  1. Left-behind kids have 'dream house'
  2. China's Olympic history: The road to success
  3. Eight systems of Shenzhou-9 manned spacecraft
  4. The thousand-year-old Tibetan paper
  5. Beijing Summit features five new aspects

PD Online Data

  1. Spring Festival
  2. Chinese ethnic odyssey
  3. Yangge in Shaanxi
  4. Gaoqiao in Northern China
  5. The drum dance in Ansai