Electric taxi trial launched in Beijing suburb
An electric taxi starts its engine in Yanqing County, a suburb of Beijing on March 1. (Xinhua Photo)
A launch ceremony for a trial program of electric taxis was held in Yanqing County, a suburb of Beijing, on Tuesday and the first batch 50 electric motor taxis were put into use.
The appearance of the car on the outside is not much different from other taxis. The main difference is the motors are powered by electricity rather than gas.
The electric power consumption of the taxi is 15 kilowatts per kilometer. The price is 5 yuan for trips that are less than 3 kilometers and 1.5 yuan per kilometer beyond that.
By Wang Qianyuanxue, People's Daily Online
- U.S. House Republican unveils budget blueprint
- NBA: Sacramento Kings downs Huston Rockets 104-101
- NBA: New York Knicks upset Toronto Raptors 131-118
- Grammy winner Ricky Martin promotes 'Music + Soul + Sex' tour in Mexico
- Amazing Body Worlds &Cycle of Life exhibition fascinates visitors in NY
- France, UN set out conditions for Gbagbo's departure