What multi-colored roses mean? You say
Rainbow roses (Photo Source: gb.cri.cn)
Roses of different colors express various meanings: Red roses mean romance, yellow ones speak of friendship and the pink can express your thanks. But what's the meaning of the multi-colored roses?
Recently, a Dutch florist cultivated a kind of multi-colored roses, also called the rainbow roses or happy roses. It is reported that the rainbow roses start life as cream roses. The creator placed them into various food dyes in turns to make them become colorful. However, the process of their growth is still a secret.
The rainbow roses are not cheap -- they cost about 29 euros one stem (36 U.S. dollars), more than double the price of 12 red roses.
They were sold for more than a million in a year, with key markets in Japan, Italy and particularly Sweden.
- A ceremony is held in Taipei, southeast China's Taiwan, on Sept. 28, 2011, to commemorate the 2,562nd birthday of Confucius (551-479 BC), a Chinese thinker, educationist and philosopher. (Xinhua/Wu Ching-teng)
- The world's first Boeing 787 Dreamliner for delivery arrives at Haneda airport in Tokyo, capital of Japan, on Sept. 28, 2011. The Boeing 787 Dreamliner, whose buyer is All Nippon Airways (ANA), will implement a flight of ANA on Oct. 26 from Tokyo's Narita Airport to Hong Kong in south China. (Xinhua/Ji Chunpeng)
- A Libyan National Transitional Council (NTC) fighter shows what is believed to be human jawbone found inside a mass grave near Abu Salim prison in Tripoli, Libya, Spet. 27, 2011. The NTC on Sunday said they had found a mass grave containing the bodies of 1,270 people killed by Gaddafi's security forces in a 1996 massacre at Abu Salim prison in southern Tripoli. (Xinhua/Li Muzi)
- Rescue workers and local residents search for survivors after a building collapsed in old Delhi, India, Sept. 27, 2011. At least 10 people were killed and 35 injured when an old three-storey building collapsed. More than a dozen people are still feared trapped under the debris, police said. (Xinhua/Partha Sarkar)
- A visitor has flying experience in the windmill castle of Jinshitan National Holiday resort in Dalian, northeast China's Liaoning Province, Sept. 27, 2011. The castle is a 23-meter-high building with 21 meters in diameter. The castle uses wind tunnel to make objects floating in the air. It is the first indoor stadium in China, which enables people to have flying experience. (Xinhua/Zhang Chunlei)
- Forces of the Libyan National Transitional Council (NTC) shoot shells to the fighters loyal to Muammar Gaddafi outside Bani Walid, Libya, Sept. 27, 2011. Bani Walid is still occupied by fighters loyal to Muammar Gaddafi. (Xinhua/Hamza Turkia)