Look, don't bite: Stone banquet
Visitors would be wise to take a closer look before sinking their teeth into the items on this buffet. The stone museum in Liuzhou City of south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region held an exhibition of unusual stones that resemble food on Dec. 6.
Liuzhou, called "the capital of peculiar stones," has as many as 100,000 stone aficionados. Collecting, appreciating and judging stones have become common pastimes for citizens here.(photo: chinanews.com)
- A member of the media takes a look at a Bluecar, an electric-powered car made by French company Bollore, at a media presentation in Vaucresson, west of Paris, yesterday. The Bluecars have a range of 250 kilometers in urban use and a maximum speed of 130km per hour, and will be available to rent in the streets of Paris under the name of Autolib. The four-seater Bluecars will be positioned at 1,200 stations in the French capital, where customers can pick them up and drop them off, and will be available around the clock. Users must have a valid driver's license and pay a subscription fee to borrow one of the vehicles.
- Tourists watch a performance about an ancient court trial. (Photo/Xinhua)
- U.S. President Barack Obama (4th L, front) shakes hands with outgoing Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen (1st R, front) as Vice President Joe Biden (3rd L, front), Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta (2nd L, front), and Army General Martin Dempsey (1st L, front) look on during the Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff Change of Responsibility Ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall in Arlington, the United States, Sept. 30, 2011. Army General Martin Dempsey succeeded Mike Mullen to become the 18th Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff on Friday. (Xinhua/Zhang Jun)
- Chinese national flag guards escort the flag across the Chang'an Avenue in Beijing, capital of China, Oct. 1, 2011. More than 120,000 people gathered at the Tian'anmen Square to watch the national flag raising ceremony at dawn on Oct. 1, in celebration of the 62th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China. (Xinhua/Luo Xiaoguang)
- Pedestrians walk along the barrier set by police on Wall Street in New York, the United States, Sept. 30, 2011. Police set up the fences to keep away the demonstrators of the Occupy Wall Street campaign. (Xinhua/Shen Hong)
- Chinese Navy soldiers hold an evening party marking the upcoming 62nd National Day aboard Chinese Navy hospital ship "Peace Ark" in the Pacific on Sept. 28, 2011. The Chinese National Day falls on Oct. 1. (Xinhua/Zha Chunming)