8-kg breasts weighing down 16-year-old girl
Xiaowei, a 16-year-old girl, used to be a happy and vivacious junior school student. Unfortunately, everything has been changed since she got macromastia, a rare condition where both breast grow to an abnormally large size. She became sensitive and antisocial.
Xiaowei found something wrong with her breasts in July 2009. However, she kept it secret until September 2009 when her elder sister found that Xiaowei's breasts sagged to her bellybutton. The 8-kilogram breasts have made the thin girl exhausted.
The reports on this unfortunate girl covered by various media have caught Chinese society's attention. Hainan Women & Infants Hospital decided to give Xiaowei free treatment.
A surgery to reduce her breast size will be conducted on Aug. 4. If it is successful, Xiaowei will return to a normal life soon.
Hinews.cn contributes to this story.
By Ye Xin, People's Daily Online
- Staff members watch a screen showing the blast-off of the Long March-2FT1 carrier rocket loaded with Tiangong-1 unmanned space lab module at Beijing Aerospace Control Center, Sept. 29, 2011. Commander-in-chief of China's manned space program Chang Wanquan announced Thursday night that the launch of Tiangong-1 space lab module was successful. (Xinhua/Wang Shen)
- Chinese President Hu Jintao watches the launch of Tiangong-1 space lab module at Beijing Aerospace Control Center in Beijing, capital of China, Sept. 29, 2011. Other members of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, including Wu Bangguo, Jia Qinglin, Li Changchun, Xi Jinping, Li Keqiang and Zhou Yongkang, are also present. (Xinhua/Rao Aimin)
- The graphics shows the launch procedures of the carrier rocket of Tiangong-1 space lab module, Long March-2FT1 on Sept. 29, 2011. (Xinhua/Lu Zhe)
- Image taken from Beijing Aerospace Control Center shows a Long March-2FT1 carrier rocket loaded with Tiangong-1 unmanned space lab module blasting off from the launch pad at the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China's Gansu Province, Sept. 29, 2011. (Xinhua)
- On Sept. 28, tourists travel around the Mingshashan Scenic Area in Dunhuang, Gansu province by camel. With the National Day vacation right around the corner, more and more tourists from home and abroad are going to Dunhuang. Riding on a camel, they travel in the desert to enjoy the cities rare form of natural scenery. (Xinhua/Zhang Weixian)
- Chinese forest armed forces work together with forest firefighters on Sept. 28. (Xinhua/Chai Liren)