Wuhan citizen discovers record of UFO in 63-year-old paper
Guo Zhigang, a citizen in Wuhan, discovered an issue of Commons Daily published in July 14, 1947 that carried news about an UFO.
The title of the report read "UFOs visit Shenyang and Xi'an." The witness in Shenyang was an office worker named Yan Jinbo in the Shenyang office of Anshan Iron and Steel Company. On the evening of July 10, 1947, when she was enjoying a cool night on a square in front of the dormitory, "a white and round object appeared in the sky flying from the northeast to southwest."
Several seconds later the object disappeared and some others flew in the same direction within the span of about one minute. At first, Yan thought it must be the smoke from kitchen chimneys, but later she determined that the smoke should not seem so bright and rounded.
Yan asked her workmate Zhang Jingshao to watch the UFOs together with her. According to Zhang's calculation, more than 80 these white and rounded "plates" appeared in one hour.
By People's Daily Online/ cnhubei.com
- On Sept. 28, tourists travel around the Mingshashan Scenic Area in Dunhuang, Gansu province by camel. With the National Day vacation right around the corner, more and more tourists from home and abroad are going to Dunhuang. Riding on a camel, they travel in the desert to enjoy the cities rare form of natural scenery. (Xinhua/Zhang Weixian)
- Chinese forest armed forces work together with forest firefighters on Sept. 28. (Xinhua/Chai Liren)
- Photo taken on Sept. 29, 2011 shows strong wind blows trees in Sanya, south China's Hainan Province. Typhoon Nesat heads towards south China and is moving at an average wind speed of 20 km per hour toward the west coast of China's Guangdong Province. (Xinhua/Hou Jiansen)
- A fallen tree is seen on a road in Qionghai, south China's Hainan Province, Sept. 29, 2011. Typhoon Nesat was predicted to land in Hainan later Thursday, bringing heavy rainfalls to the island. (Xinhua/Meng Zhongde)
- Arash Kamalvand (L) of Iran spikes the ball during the semifinal against South Korea at the 16th Asian Men's Volleyball Championship in Tehran, Iran, Sept. 28, 2011. Iran won 3-1 to advance to the final. (Xinhua/Ahmad Halabisaz)
- A man visits "Thy Word Is Truth, the Bible Ministry Exhibition of the Protestant Church in China", during its opening at Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church in Washington DC, capital of the United States, Sept. 28, 2011. Through the Bible's various Chinese versions, ancient or modern, as well as pictures, paintings, calligraphy, art works and historical documents, the exhibition was expected to give an overall understanding of how Bible was brought into China, how it was translated, published, distributed and loved. (Xinhua/Zhang Jun)