Kubuqi International Desert Forum ends
Dong Jianhua, Vice Chairman of National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, delivers remarks at the closing ceremony of Kubuqi International Desert Forum, July 10, 2011. （Xinhuanet Photo）
The 3rd Kubuqi International Desert Forum, a high-level dialogue platform for global initiatives of battling desertification and developing desert areas with technologies, concluded here Sunday.
Dong Jianhua, Vice Chairman of National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, delivered remarks at the closing ceremony.
"The forum has drawn great attention from the international world," Dong said.
Participants have shared their experience and ideas of anti-desertification control, he said, and by seeing the achievements in the Kubuqi desert, "we have further strengthened our confidence in fighting desertification globally."
The Kubuqi desert lies to the south of the Yellow River like a long band extending about 400 kilometers from east to west.
The desert is 50 kilometers wide in the west, 15-20 kilometers wide in the east and covers an area of 16,756 sq. kilometers, making it is the seventh largest desert in China.
- Amazing scenery of Xianqi Karst Cave in Beijing
- Fireworks show featuring "Mulan" held in China's Changsha
- Two recued, 16 still trapped in coal mine, Guangxi, SW China
- 100th anniversary of China 1911 Revolution marked in Chicago
- TVB promotes "Wax and Wane" in Hong Kong
- Singer Fish Leong holds concert in Beijing