AC Milan extend Gattuso's deal to 2012

10:00, December 15, 2009      

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 

Italy midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has signed a new deal with AC Milan until June 2012, the Italian Serie A club said in a statement on Monday.


Italian player Gennaro Ivan Gattuso looks on during the training session of the Italian national soccer team at Puskas Ferenc Stadium in Budapest August 21, 2007. Italy will play a friendly soccer match against Hungary on 22 August. (Xinhua/Reuters File Photo)

Media reports had said Premier League Manchester City were interested in Gattuso after the 31-year-old said last month he was unhappy with the amount of playing time he was getting under coach Leonardo.

Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani acknowledged Gattuso could leave but the player has now committed to the club after talks with Galliani and Leonardo.

Gattuso has suffered a series of injuries since the 2006 World Cup and his place in Milan's three-man midfield will come under further pressure in January when David Beckham joins again on a six-month loan from Los Angeles Galaxy.

Source: Xinhua
  • Do you have anything to say?
Special Coverage
Major headlines
Editor's Pick
  • Black-headed gulls come in groups to spend winter in SW China's Kunming
  • Maldives: please save me from sinking!
  • Hot sightseeing spots in Macao
  • Zhoushan, Xuzhou missile frigates stop over in Hong Kong
  • LOHAS in Beijing
  • Thousand-hand Bodhisattva performance
Most Popular
Hot Forum Dicussion
http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90779/90871/6842300.pdf