HK's median hourly wage stands at 58.5 HKD: survey

18:11, March 18, 2010      

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 

The median hourly wage of the nearly 2.78 million local employees was 58.50 HK dollars in the second quarter of last year, according to the Census and Statistics Department of Hong Kong.

The 10th, 25th, 75th and 90th percentile hourly wages of these employees, which exclude live-in domestic workers, Government staff, employers and self-employed people, were 27 HK dollars, 38.90 HK dollars, 96 HK dollars and 171.80 HK dollars.

Of the 2.78 million employees, 52 percent were men while the remaining 48 percent were women. The men's median hourly wage was 64.30 HK dollars while that for women was 53.40 HK dollars.

Analyzed by age group, the median hourly wage of those aged 35 to 44 was the highest, at 70 HK dollars, followed by those aged 25 to 34, at 64.9 HK dollars. The median hourly wage of the youngest age group of 15 to 24 was 40.2 HK dollars, while that of the most senior age group of 55 and above was 42.6 HK dollars. (7.8 HK dollars = 1 U.S. dollar)

Source: Xinhua
  • Do you have anything to say?

双语词典
dictionary

  
Special Coverage
Major headlines
Editor's Pick
  • China's Zheng loses to Wozniacki in Indian Wells WTA
  • China's 26th Antarctic expedition team arrives in Australia
  • Severe drought causes runway cracks at Kunming Airport
  • China's 26th Antarctic expedition team arrives in Australia
  • Top 10 box office teens
  • Southeast Asia's first Universal Studio theme park opens in Singapore
Most Popular
Hot Forum Dicussion