Ag Bank's H-shares priced between 2.88 to 3.48 HKD

16:56, June 25, 2010      

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 

Agricultural Bank of China (Ag Bank, ABC) officially launched the H-share road show in Hong Kong on June 24. Its H-shares were priced at between 2.88 to 3.48 Hong Kong dollars on the night of June 23, with corresponding price-to-book ratios ranging from 1.55 to 1.79.

An attendee from ICBC International said that the price range for H-shares is quite reasonable, and its price-to-book ratio is between that of the Bank of China and China Construction Bank.

Ag Bank is set to issue 47.6 billion shares altogether this time, with 22.2 billion A-shares and 25.4 billion H-shares. Roughly 95 percent of the H-shares are for international placing and the remaining 5 percent are for Hong Kong public offerings. According to schedule, the bank will offer H-shares to the public starting June 30 and ending July 6, and list in the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on July 16.

The bank's chairman of board Xiang Junbo said that Ag Bank possesses the lowest proportion of foreign currency assets among China's four major state-run banks, so the further yuan exchange rate regime reform may have little effect on the bank's business.

Guo Haoda, Ag Bank's vice president, said that its non-performing loan rate in the real estate sector stands at around 2 percent, lower than the bank's overall rate. Moreover, the stress tests required by China Banking Regulatory Commission also showed that when property prices had dropped 30 percent and the benchmark interest rate had increased by 108 basis points, Ag Bank's non-performing loan rate only rose 1 percent.

Ag Bank directly distributed 40 percent of the total H-shares to cornerstone investors, according to its H-share initial prospectus.

The funding scale of Ag Bank will be the largest among the initial public offerings in Hong Kong in 2010, but whether it will exceed the funding scale of the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China still depends on the final price.

By People's Daily Online

(Editor:祁澍文)

  • Do you have anything to say?

双语词典
dictionary

  
Special Coverage
  • Premier Wen Jiabao visits Hungary, Britain, Germany
  • From drought to floods
Major headlines
Editor's Pick
  • A man visits "Thy Word Is Truth, the Bible Ministry Exhibition of the Protestant Church in China", during its opening at Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church in Washington DC, capital of the United States, Sept. 28, 2011. Through the Bible's various Chinese versions, ancient or modern, as well as pictures, paintings, calligraphy, art works and historical documents, the exhibition was expected to give an overall understanding of how Bible was brought into China, how it was translated, published, distributed and loved. (Xinhua/Zhang Jun)
  • A visitor passes by in the exhibition of Istanbul design week on Sept. 28, 2011 in Istanbul, Turkey. Istanbul design week will be hosting designers and design exhibitions from around the world in Istanbul from Sept 28 to Oct 2 with the participation of 25 countries. (Xinhua/Ma yan)
  • Red flag flies at the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China's Gansu Province, Sept. 28, 2011. A spokesperson with China's manned space program said Wednesday that fuel has been injected into the Long March-2FT1 carrier rocket in preparation for launching the Tiangong-1 space module Thursday evening as planned. (Xinhua/Wang Jianmin)
  • A militant loyal to the Libyan National Transitional Council (NTC) waves in a tank near Bani Walid, one of the pro-Muammar Gaddafi strongholds, on Sept. 28, 2011. (Xinhua/Hamza Turkia)
  • Jewish worshippers pray at the Western Wall, Judaism's holiest prayer site, in Jerusalem's Old City on Sept. 28, 2011, ahead of Rosh Hashanah, the two-day Jewish new year which will begin at sunset on Sept. 28 and conclude at nightfall on Sept. 30. (Xinhua/Muammar Awad)
  • High school student Johanna Choapa is helped by her father after announcing the end of hunger strike in Santiago, capital of Chile, on Sept. 28, 2011. The end of the strike took place to make way for a dialogue with the government, seeking to resolve the four-month crisis in the education sector. (Xinhua/Jorge Villegas)
Hot Forum Discussion