Text Version
RSS Feeds
Newsletter
Home Forum Photos Features Newsletter Archive Employment
About US Help Site Map
SEARCH   About US FAQ Site Map Site News
  SERVICES
  -Text Version
  -RSS Feeds
  -Newsletter
  -News Archive
  -Give us feedback
  -Voices of Readers
  -Online community
  -China Biz info
  What's new
 -
 -
95% migrant workers returned to cities for work after Spring Festival
+ -
15:19, August 04, 2009

 Related News
 95% of China's home-returning migrant workers back in cities
 Migrant workers face emotional isolation from urbanites
 Snapshots of Xinjiang's migrant workers
 NPC: Prioritize consumption and employment in second half of 2009
 China still faces severe employment challenges
 Comment  Tell A Friend
 Print Format  Save Article
After the Spring Festival, 95% of migrant workers returned to the city, and the remaining 5 percent remained in or around their hometowns in rural areas working in or starting their own local businesses.

Vice-Minister Hu Xiaoyi for the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, revealed the employment situation of migrant workers after the Spring Festival on the morning of August 4, 2009.

By the end of 2008, a total of 225 million migrant workers in China have been employed, of whom 140 million were working outside their hometown.

Before the Spring Festival in 2009, 50%, about 70 million workers returned home, with 18 million in need of employment.

Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security and National Bureau of Statistics carried out a survey on the employment situation of migrant workers before and after the Chinese New Year.

By People's Daily Online



  Your Message:   Most Commented:
Unveiled Rebiya Kadeer: a Uighur Dalai Lama
80 pct of netizens agree China should punish Facebook
LA police: Michael Jackson death may have been 'homicide'
Chinese netizens call for punishing Turkey
Al-Qaida threatens Chinese abroad

|About Peopledaily.com.cn | Advertise on site | Contact us | Site map | Job offer|
Copyright by People's Daily Online, All Rights Reserved

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90778/90857/90862/6718410.pdf