Chinese pensioners least prepared for retirement

09:04, January 21, 2011      

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 

Chinese mainland residents are least prepared in Asia in retirement capital, an industry survey showed yesterday.

About 42 percent of mainland respondents said they rely on themselves for retirement while the remaining 58 percent said they depend on government or employers for their retirement capital, said HSBC Life Insurance in a survey yesterday.

Chinese mainland residents have the highest savings rate by deposits, representing 45 percent of their monthly salary, according to the survey.

Source: Shanghai Daily
  • Do you have anything to say?

双语词典
dictionary

  
Special Coverage
  • Focus On China
  • Shanghai World Expo 2010
Major headlines
Editor's Pick
  • Chinese soldiers train at under 37 degrees Celsius below zero
  • PLA newly recruited soldiers take part in training
  • Heavy snow strands 30,000 air travelers in Shanghai
  • Cute kids on the way
  • Electricians ensure power supply amid snow, icy rain in S. China
  • Glaciers in Patagonia melt fastest in the world
Hot Forum Dicussion