Guinea online press boss defies coverage ban on presidential residence raid

10:30, July 28, 2011      

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 

The Guinean online press boss on Wednesday said they would defy the newly imposed ban by the government on the coverage of last week's attack on the private residence of President Alpha Conde.

The head of the Guinean online press, Mohamud Kamara, denounced the ban as a mere censorship of the press, saying they will never abide by the decision.

On Tuesday, the Guinean press regulatory body, the National Council of Communication, issued a statement banning temporarily all coverages in the local media on the recent armed attack on the presidential residence in the capital Conakry.

Kamara said they are going to meet the head of the National Council of Communication, Martin Conde, so as to revoke the ban. If she failed to do so, then they would take the case to the Supreme Court.

A source from the National Council of Communication told Xinhua that the decision was taken to stop the press from pre-empting things in the West African country that will lead to confrontation between Guineans.

Source:Xinhua
 
 
  Weekly review  
 
 
 
     
 
 

(Editor:陈乐乐)

  • Do you have anything to say?

双语词典
dictionary

  
Special Coverage
  • Premier Wen Jiabao visits Hungary, Britain, Germany
  • From drought to floods
Major headlines
Editor's Pick
  • Storms leave 54 dead in China
  • Lijiang ancient town licenced national 5A tourism attraction spot
  • South Korea Landslides Kill 32
  • Authorities to place stolen babies in care
  • Animals find ways to cool themselves during hot summer
  • Government office reopens in Oslo blast zone
Hot Forum Discussion