Libyan gov't turns down ceasefire offer by rebels

08:55, April 02, 2011      

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 

The Libyan government on Friday turned down an offer by the rebels on ceasefire, said a government spokesman.

What the rebels offered was not peace, said the spokesman here.

The opposition said earlier Friday that they would cease fire if the government forces stopped their fighting on the opposion-held cities.

Meanwhile, the spokesman also accused the Western coalition forces of "crimes against humanity," as civilians had been bombed in the Western strikes.

Source: Xinhua
 
 
     
 
 
 
     
 
 
 
  Weekly review  
 
 
 
     
 
 

(Editor:张心意)

  • Do you have anything to say?

双语词典
dictionary

  
Special Coverage
  • Survey for 2011 NPC and CPPCC Sessions
  • Focus On China
Major headlines
Editor's Pick
  • Fans commemorate 8th anniversary of Leslie Cheung's death
  • Stars honored with awards during CinemaCon in Las Vegas
  • China, Germany call for political solution to Libyan crisis
  • U.S. economy showing real strength: Obama
  • Japanese PM gears up for long-term battle to overcome nuclear crisis
  • Hainan International Creative Harbor opens in south China
Hot Forum Dicussion