Jordan rejects alleged use of force against civilians in Libya

20:34, February 22, 2011      

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 

Jordan on Tuesday rejected the Libyan authorities' alleged use of force against civilians, the state-run Petra news agency reported Tuesday.

Some unconfirmed media reports said earlier that the Libyan authorities used warplanes and heavy artilleries against civilians during the protests in the country.

"Bloodshed in Libya should immediately stop. Such acts and methods in dealing with the civilians represent a stark violation of the international humanitarian law, human rights and basic freedoms," Jordanian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mohammad Kayed said Tuesday.

Libyan state television denounced the allegations as "lies" Tuesday.

Kayed urged the Libyan authorities to exercise maximum degrees of self-restraint in dealing with the current developments in Libya and to protect the life, security and dignity of the Libyan citizens.

Source: Xinhua
  • Do you have anything to say?

双语词典
dictionary

  
Special Coverage
  • Focus On China
  • Shanghai World Expo 2010
Major headlines
Editor's Pick
  • Japan's ruling DPJ officially suspends Ozawa's party membership
  • Christchurch hit by largest quake in historic time: experts
  • China's Party spokespersons urged to promote social harmony
  • First cross-Strait co-op committee meets in Taiwan
  • Museum of Agricultural Reclamation opens in Hainan
  • Bahrain cancelled F1 season-opener due to unrest
Hot Forum Dicussion