An Egyptian convoy carrying relief materials has been blocked from entering the Palestinian territory of Gaza Strip for three days, the Palestinian embassy in Cairo said on Monday.
Due to "obstacles by Israeli forces," the Egyptian aid convoy still can not cross into the coastal enclave, the Egyptian MENA news agency reported, citing a press release of the Palestinian embassy.
The convoy of five trucks, offered by the Egyptian Red Crescent Society with medicine, 40 tons of flour and 20 tons of rice, has planned to reach Gaza via the Israeli-controlled Kerem Shalom crossing.
According to earlier reports, Egypt wants to send about 80 truckloads of food and fuel aid into Gaza through Kerem Shalom crossing.
The Palestinian embassy said Israeli forces justified the move to stop aid with ongoing rocket firing from Gaza at Israel.
The Israeli side can not be reached at the moment to comment on the event.
Earlier in the day, an Islamic Hamas movement spokesman announced that Hamas and Palestinian armed groups in Gaza accepted a 24-hour ceasefire with Israel to allow Egyptian food aid into Gaza.
A six-month truce, brokered by Egypt between Israel and Gaza militant groups, expired on last Friday following failed efforts to resume the truce or extend it for another six months.