Welding device explodes in Moscow market, one injured

10:57, July 22, 2011      

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 

One welder was injured after his device exploded in a market near Moscow Thursday, local media reported.

According to police, the blast occurred when a worker hooked up the welding device to an electric wire. The device's electric insulation was broken, causing a short circuit and a blast.

Initial reports suggested that a blast happened under a car parked at the market that sells gardening equipment.

  Weekly review  


  • Do you have anything to say?


Special Coverage
  • Premier Wen Jiabao visits Hungary, Britain, Germany
  • From drought to floods
Major headlines
Editor's Pick
  • Tigers play in water in Huangshan Mountain
  • Four killed in bomb attack in SW Pakistan
  • Atlantis lands at Kennedy Space Center, ending U.S. shuttle program
  • Modular shoes with 256 combinations
  • Afghan gov't takes over security charge of W Herat city
  • Puppet Theatre and Film Festival opens in Israel
Hot Forum Discussion