About 30 Macedonians to be evacuated from Libya

08:56, February 25, 2011      

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 

The Macedonian government said on Thursday that there are still about 30 Macedonian nationals to be evacuated from Libya, news from Skopje reported.

These people are stranded at the Benghazi port in the eastern part of Libya, and they are waiting to be evacuated by a Turkish ship.

"The unfavorable weather conditions have prevented the ship from arriving at the port on time," Macedonian Foreign Ministry spokesman Borce Stamov said.

There are about 50 Macedonians in Libya, with the majority of them working in the country's booming construction sector. Macedonia originally planned to have its citizens brought back from Libya by Thursday.

Nine people, who had been flown to Sofia by a plane chartered by the Bulgaria government, went back to Macedonia early Thursday morning.

Another eight Macedonian nationals, who were hired by a Bosnian construction company, also arrived in Macedonia early Thursday.

Source: Xinhua

  • Do you have anything to say?

双语词典
dictionary

  
Special Coverage
  • Survey for 2011 NPC and CPPCC Sessions
  • Focus On China
Major headlines
Editor's Pick
  • Traffic accident in Lincoln Tunnel leaves 29 injured
  • Breath of spring in Suzhou, E China
  • Heavy snow hits Altay, paralyzes traffic
  • Amazing photography of China through the lens
  • Impression of China
  • WikiLeaks founder Assange to be extradited to Sweden
Hot Forum Dicussion