Shelter-in-place ordered after fire at NASA

08:35, July 26, 2011      

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 

A shelter-in-place was ordered after a battery caught fire during a testing at NASA's Johnson Space Center Monday morning.

A battery was being tested inside a containment system when it got overheated and caught fire at about 9 a.m. local time, ABC quoted the Houston Fire Department (HFD) sources as reporting.

A shelter-in-place was issued for a few buildings because it's believed that one of the bi-products of the combustion could be dangerous, HFD said.

The fire was put out before 11:30 a.m.

A firefighter was injured when a hydrant cap blew off and struck him, according to ABC.

Source:Xinhua
 
 
  Weekly review  
 
 
 
     
 
 

(Editor:刘晓宁)

  • Do you have anything to say?

双语词典
dictionary

  
Special Coverage
  • Premier Wen Jiabao visits Hungary, Britain, Germany
  • From drought to floods
Major headlines
Editor's Pick
  • Chinese fleet sails for visit to Russia, DPRK
  • Chinese welder makes "Transformer Bumblebee" from waste car parts
  • Rainstorm hits Tianjin
  • Int’l Make-up Artist Trade Show held in Vancouver, Canada
  • "The Smurfs" premieres in New York
  • Hong Kong Chief Executive meets with U.S. Secretary of State
Hot Forum Discussion