Thai gov't still unable to contact 250-300 people in hard-hit Miyagi

16:52, March 15, 2011      

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 

Thai Foreign Ministry had been able to contact only 20 Thais in the disaster-stricken Japan's Miyagi prefecture while status of 250-300 Thais could not yet be confirmed, the spokesman Thani Thongpakdi said on Tuesday.

The FM spokesman said about 70 Thais living in the hard-hit Sendai, the capital city of Miyagi prefecture, had already contacted FM authorities requesting for evacuation to Tokyo.

There are approximately 42,000 Thais living, working and studying in various areas across Japan and some 22,000 among them live in 11 prefectures which were hit by the powerful Tsunami, according to the ministry.

The foreign ministry has so far been able to get in touch with about 10,000 Thai people and all were safe, the spokesman Thani said.

Meanwhile, Air Chief Marshal Monthon Satchukorn, spokesman of Royal Thai Air Force, said the air force has prepared C-130 for evacuation and delivery of supplies.

The Cabinet on Monday approved 200 million-baht (6.56 million U. S. dollars) aid as well as 15,000 tonnes of Jasmine rice and sticky rice for the disaster-torn Japan.

Source: Xinhua

 
 
  Weekly review  
 
 
 
     
 
 

(Editor:燕勐)

  • Do you have anything to say?

双语词典
dictionary

  
Special Coverage
  • Survey for 2011 NPC and CPPCC Sessions
  • Focus On China
Major headlines
Editor's Pick
  • Residents cook together after quake hit Yunnan
  • Creative apartments decorated with terra-cotta warrior
  • NBA: Heat defeats Spurs 110-80
  • Rikuzen-Takata, one of Japanese cities worst hit by quake, tsunami
  • Japanese read papers on radiation from damaged reactors
  • Beijing medical team welcomed in quake-hit Yingjiang
Hot Forum Dicussion