DPRK censures Japanese media over "food robbery" claims

19:51, March 04, 2010      

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) denied a report in Japanese media that there had been an attempted robbery of a rail shipment of food, official news agency KCNA reported on Thursday.

The "food robbery" incident, which was reported by the Sankei Shimbun newspaper to have happened on Feb. 16 in northern DPRK, was only a rumor, a spokesman for the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea said.

He said no train loaded with food had passed through the area either on the day or before or after and no such incident happened.

The spokesman described the reports as naive and despicable and the Japanese media would pay a dear price for their actions.

The report appeared on March 3 Sankei Shimbun's website.

Source:Xinhua
  • Do you have anything to say?

双语词典
dictionary

  
Special Coverage
Major headlines
Editor's Pick
  • Artificial rain brings little to drought-stricken SW China
  • Russia's Star City space training center welcomes 50th birthday
  • Let's appreciate performance of female bullfighter
  • Flooding makes Havana a giant puddle
  • Global warming destroying world
  • Cambodia claims successful testing of rocket launchers
Most Popular
Hot Forum Dicussion