A roadside bomb struck German troops in Afghanistan's northern province of Kunduz Saturday, wounding three soldiers, an official with the troops said.
"The incident occurred in Bagh-e-Millie area on Kunduz-Takhar highway when bomb went off and partially damaged one military vehicle. And in the incident tree soldiers also sustained injuries," Mohammad Nasir Alkozai, an official with the press department of German troops in Kunduz told Xinhua.
Meanwhile, Taliban purported spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid in talks with media via telephone from unknown location claimed responsibility.
Kunduz, a relatively peaceful province until last year, has been the scene of Taliban militancy over the past couple of months.
An air strike against Taliban insurgents in Kunduz province early Friday left over 100 people, mostly militants dead.
More than 3,500 German troops, with majority of them deployed in Kunduz province, have been serving within the framework of NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) to stabilize security in the militancy-hit country.