Australian Red Cross chief said that it will supply 48 million Australian dollars (about 31.8 U.S. dollars), to the Victorian fire victims, Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported on Thursday.
"It's gone up now to 48.6 million Australian dollars and of course growing," Australian Red Cross chief Robert Tickner said, adding "on top of that there are very significant corporate donations."
Federal Community Services Minister Jenny Macklin said that the emergency payments of 1,000 Australian dollars (about 654.6 U.S. dollars) for every adult and 400 Australian dollars (about 261.8 U.S. dollars) for each child had already reached bushfire victims.
"A lot of people have received their money. More than 2,000 people have received money from both the state department and from Centrelink," Macklin said.
For the first day since Saturday's inferno, the official death toll of the worst bushfire in Australian history did not rise. It stood at 181, though officials said it would exceed 200.
The Sydney Morning Herald also reported on Thursday that celebrity-studded fund-raisers would be held in New York and Los Angeles on the weekend to support victims of the Victorian bushfires.
The money raised in the events would direct go to the Australian Red Cross Bushfire Appeal.