The six-party nuclear talks area trick of the United States whose only goal is to initiate another war against the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), the country's official newspaper said Wednesday.
The United States has worked out a plan to rapidly dispatch huge reinforcements to the Korean Peninsula from its mainland in the "event of contingency," a commentary carried by the official Rodong Sinmun daily said.
"This clearly shows once again that the United States' call for 'peaceful settlement of the nuclear issue' or 'talks' is a trick aimed at deceiving public opinion at home and abroad, and that the United States is persistently seeking a pre-emptive attack on the DPRK," it said.
"Reality has proven the validity of the measures taken by the DPRK to bolster its self-defensive capabilities," said the commentary. "The DPRK has the right to choose military action for its self-defence."
Pyongyang has intensified its rhetorical war against Washington since the six-party talks, aimed at denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula, reached a deadlock last month following the DPRK's announcement that it would restart its nuclear reactor at Yongbyon.
The DPRK says its move is in response to the U.S. refusal to remove it from a terrorism blacklist.