Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Saturday ruled out a war crisis in the region over Tehran's nuclear drive.
Ahmadinejad made the denial at a press conference he held on the sidelines of his visit to Bahrain, according to reports reaching here from Manama.
The Iranian president denied claims that signs of a new crisis were in the offing over his country's nuclear drive, said Bahrain News Agency.
Talk about sabre-rattling is part of a propaganda aiming at bringing tension to run high, Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying.
He told the reporters that Tehran doesn't expect a new war in the region, "but we have made all the preparations to face this eventuality (although) we don't expect (military conflict)."
"We must be on alert against those who want to sow sedition in the region. Iran is ready to respond if war was declared," he said.
On Iran's nuclear file, Ahmadinejad accused the United States of "contriving crises" in the region because Washington was "unhappy with the progress made in the Iranian nuclear file."
Iran has cooperated positively with all parties concerned, including the International Atomic Energy Agency, he stressed, adding Iranians are proud of their achievements so far in the irnuclear programs.
Meanwhile, President Ahmadinejad commended the time-honored relations linking Iran to the Kingdom of Bahrain, terming his meeting with Bahraini King Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa as "good and constructive."
He lauded the Bahraini role in maintaining security and stability in the region, adding there are no obstacles hindering further growth of Iran-Bahrain ties.
Ahmadinejad's brief visit was the second of its kind after his predecessor Mohammad Khatami came to Manama in May 2003.