Four people died and two others suffered lesser degrees of toxication in a liquefied natural gas poisoning accident in Harbin, capital of northeast China's Heilongjiang Province, Saturday.
The accident took place at a roadside bungalow on Nongdian Street in Xiangfang District at about 4 a.m., according to Sun Hongqing, chief of Xiangfang District Government.
Identities of the dead are not immediately known. The two victims with lesser degrees of toxication were sent to a local hospital. They were said to be out of life danger.
According to neighbors, the bungalow had been used for preparing meal boxes. Just one day before the accident, owner of the eatery business bought a set of new cooking devices. It is suspected that the accident might have been caused by misuse of the cooking device.
The police cordoned off the site of the accident for further investigation.