Eleven girl students at a secondary school in northwest China's Shaanxi Province have been confirmed dead of carbon monoxide poisoning, a provincial government official said on Tuesday.
Another girl was still in serious condition as of Tuesday noon.
The students were poisoned on Monday night when trying to make a fire to keep warm in their room at the Duiziliang Secondary School in Yulin City, the official said.
Further details were not available at this moment.
The province's vice governor Zhu Jingzhi, along with some other officials with the provincial educational and health departments, has arrived at the school to investigate the case.