No serious abuse found in quake fund spending in 2009: Chinese auditors

10:31, January 03, 2010      

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 

China's National Audit Office (NAO)announced on Saturday that, in 2009, no serious violations were found in the management of reconstruction funds for regions hit by the 2008 Wenchuan earthquake.

Auditors, however, did find some problems in the implementation of post-quake rebuilding plans, distribution of relief funds and management of reconstruction projects, said the NAO.

The NAO has transfered one violation case to the procuratorial organ in 2009. Two people responsible for the violation were arrested and another 11 people were in custody.

The NAO said it and its local offices have already released the auditing results to the public.

Liu Jiayi, chief auditor of the NAO said earlier that they would, in 2010, continue to keep a close eye on the whole process of post-quake rebuilding.

Source: Xinhua
  • Do you have anything to say?

双语词典
dictionary

  
Special Coverage
Major headlines
Editor's Pick
  • More than 10 killed in rail mishaps in N India
Most Popular
Hot Forum Dicussion