Text Version
RSS Feeds
Home Forum Photos Features Newsletter Archive Employment
About US Help Site Map
SEARCH   About US FAQ Site Map Site News
  -Text Version
  -RSS Feeds
  -News Archive
  -Give us feedback
  -Voices of Readers
  -Online community
  -China Biz info
  What's new
Beijing International Media Center to receive applications on April 25
+ -
16:25, April 24, 2008

 Comment  Tell A Friend
 Print Format  Save Article
According to international practice, Beijing has set up the Beijing International Media Center (BIMC) and provide related services for non-accredited overseas journalists during the Olympic Games. The BIMC will begin accepting journalists' applications on April 25 and the overseas journalists' application deadline is May 20.

The BIMC will become a key provider of news information and reception services for journalists during the Olympic Games; and it is also a important platform for Chinese and overseas journalists to get authoritative information about China's and Beijing's society news (non-Olympic), said Sun Ying, deputy director of the Beijing International Media Center.

The BIMC plans to officially open to journalists on July 8. The center has function halls, such as the registration hall, reception hall, accommodation and catering hall, which will provide services including registration, information, consultation, entertainment, transportation, accommodation and catering for journalists.

Overseas journalists can register online or send their materials by mail. They can register at the BIMC official website (www.2008bimc.cn). They can fill out the online forms as required; or download and print out a correspondence form, which will be signed by the chief officers of their news organizations, and mailed together with relevant documents such as photocopies of their passports, registration certificates and brief introductions of their organizations in both the Chinese and English languages.

Overseas journalists who have offices in China should hand in the above documents to the BIMC via their offices; while those who do not have offices in China should hand in the documents to the Chinese embassy or consulates in their countries. After receiving a confirmation notice from the BIMC, overseas journalists shall apply to their respective Chinese embassies or consulates in their countries for temporary journalist visas (J-2 visa), and declare their equipment at customs before entering China.

By People's Daily Online

  Your Message:   Most Commented:
Chinese netizen discussion of"boycott on French goods"
What is Nancy Pelosi really up to?
Dalai's brag about "peace", "non-violence" is nothing but lie
FM: China strongly denounces CNN host's insulting words
"A slap in face" to Paris itself

|About Peopledaily.com.cn | Advertise on site | Contact us | Site map | Job offer|
Copyright by People's Daily Online, All Rights Reserved