European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana has condemned the latest terrorist attack in Iran which killed at least 11 people, the official IRNA news agency reported on Friday.
"We condemn the car bomb attack on Wednesday in Zahedan. Acts of terrorism can never be justified. The perpetrators must be brought to justice," Solana's spokesperson Cristina Gallach told IRNA.
"We extend our condolences to the loved ones of the victims and to the Iranian government," Gallach said.
An explosive-laden car exploded Wednesday morning as a bus, belonging to ground forces of Iran's Revolutionary Guards, passed by, killing at least 11 people and injuring 31 others.
So far a total of 65 suspects in addition to the three people responsible for the attack have been arrested, IRNA reported on Thursday, quoting Brigadier General Mohammad Gaffari, a senior police officer in Sistan-Baluchestan province.
On Thursday, the UN Security Council also condemned the deadly car bomb attack in Zahedan, capital of Sistan-Baluchestan province.
The members of the Security Council reiterated that no cause can justify the use of terrorist violence, said a press statement adopted by the council and read out by the current president, Slovakia's UN Ambassador Peter Burian.
"They underlined the need to bring to justice the perpetrators, organizers and sponsors of this terrorist attack, as with all terrorist attacks," Burian said.