Skirmishes and a suicide attack left three people including a suicide bomber dead in Afghanistan, officials said Tuesday.
"A suicide bomber tied explosive device on his body and detonated himself in front of a convoy of Afghanistan National Army (ANA) in Barmal district of Paktika province Monday, but caused no lose of life," Akram Khupalwak, governor of Paktika told Xinhua.
The only casualty of the incident is the suicide bomber.
Close to the border with Pakistan, the mountainous Barmal was the scene of bloody clashes over the past one month as more than 60 militants had been killed since the operation Oqab (Eagle) was launched in late October.
Meantime, militants raided a police post in the southern Helmand province Monday night, killing two policemen, local officials said.
"The enemies of peace attacked a police checkpoint in Marja district last night and took away two policemen. Their bodies were found today," Mohammad Nabi Mullahkhil, police chief of Helmand told Xinhua.
More than 3,700 people, including rebels, Afghan and foreign troops as well as civilians, have been killed in Afghanistan since the beginning of this year.
Source: Xinhua