Two Indonesian warships are still patrolling the marine border areas with Timor-Leste following the prolonged violence in Timor-Leste, according to report of Antara News Agency on Wednesday.
The warships will stop any Timor-Leste citizens wanting to enter Indonesian marine territory, Antara quoted a spokesman of the Indonesian eastern region's fleet command, Lt Col Syaiful, as saying in Surabaya, capital of East Java province on Wednesday.
"Up to know, the situation is still under control, and there is no border crosser so far. However, the Navy will continue be on alert," he said.
The Indonesian Navy has also sent two Nomad reconnaissance planes to patrol the marine border line, according to Chief of Staff of the Navy Admiral Slamet Soebijanto earlier.
Meanwhile, Regional Military Commander of Pattimura Major General Sudarmaidy Soebandy had earlier said in Ambon, Maluku, that one military personnel company has been prepared to guard southern part of South West Maluku which shares marine border with Timor-Leste and Australia.
Their mission is to strengthen the border patrol guards and to set up new patrol post in the border area.
The Indonesian Air Force Hercules had taken out a total of 1, 379 Indonesian citizens from Timor-Leste's capital city of Dili to Kupang in the Indonesian province of East Nusa Tenggara last May.
A number of people were killed in armed clashes between Timor- Leste security forces and cashiered servicemen as the Asia's poorest nation slipped closer to chaos.
The clashes have erupted since last March in Timor-Leste after some 600 members of the tiny country's 1,400-strong military were dismissed. The renegade soldiers deserted after complaining of alleged discrimination because they came from the western part of the tiny country.
Timor-Leste has invited peacekeepers from Australia, Malaysia, New Zealand and Portugal to help restore calm.