Newsletter
Weather
Community
English home Forum Photo Gallery Features Newsletter Archive   About US Help Site Map
China
World
Opinion
Business
Sci-Edu
Culture/Life
Sports
Photos
 Services
- Newsletter
- Online Community
- China Biz Info
- News Archive
- Feedback
- Voices of Readers
- Weather Forecast
 RSS Feeds
- China 
- Business 
- World 
- Sci-Edu 
- Culture/Life 
- Sports 
- Photos 
- Most Popular 
- FM Briefings 
 Search
 About China
- China at a glance
- China in brief 2004
- Chinese history
- Constitution
- Laws & regulations
- CPC & state organs
- Ethnic minorities
- Selected Works of Deng Xiaoping

Home >> Business
UPDATED: 14:28, April 26, 2006
Venezuela to supply cheap oil to Nicaragua
font size    

Venezuela announced on Tuesday a pact to ship fuel to Nicaragua under preferential terms.

The pact said Venezuela would supply 10 million barrels of fuel a year to an alliance of Nicaraguan mayors, many from the leftist Sandinista party, including presidential candidate Daniel Ortega, who is opposed by Washington.

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said his country would accept 60 percent of payment within 90 days of shipment, while the remaining 40 percent will be paid off over 25 years at 1 percent interest, including a two-year grace period.

The deal will bring about the launch of a Nicaraguan-Venezuelan joint venture to oversee importing and commercializing the fuel.

Venezuela has signed oil deals with numerous Latin American and Caribbean nations, which have helped tighten ties with other leftist-minded political allies including Cuba.

Source: Xinhua


Comments on the story Comment on the story Recommend to friends Tell a friend Print friendly Version Print friendly format Save to disk Save this


   Recommendation
- Text Version
- RSS Feeds
- China Forum
- Newsletter
- People's Comment
- Most Popular
 Related News

Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
Copyright by People's Daily Online, all rights reserved