Chinese president condemns bombings in Egypt

Chinese President Hu Jintao on Monday in Rabat condemned three explosions in Egypt's Red Sea resort of Dahab and offered condolences to families of the victims and sympathy to the wounded.

In the message to Egyptian President Muhammed Hosni Mubarak, Hu said the Chinese government condemned the terrorist bombings and strongly opposed all kinds of terrorism.

China is ready to strengthen the cooperation with the international community, including Egypt, to continue battling terrorism and safeguard world peace and stability, Hu said.

The Chinese president sent the condolence message during his state visit to Morocco.

The three bombings in Dahab killed 23 people, including three foreigners, and wounded 62 others on Monday, the Egyptian Interior Ministry said.

But Egyptian police and medics said earlier that at least 30 people were killed and more than 150 others wounded after three remote-controlled bombs went off almost simultaneously at around 7:15 p.m. local time (1715 GMT) Monday in the tourist town in southeast Sinai peninsular.

It was the second such attack since last July when a series of bombings hit Sinai's most popular Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, killing at least 60.

Source: Xinhua



People's Daily Online --- http://english.people.com.cn/