The first British fatality of Hurricane Katrina has been confirmed by the UK Foreign Office on Tuesday.
The victim, who had lived in New Orleans for several years with their family, died when the city was flooded during storms last month, the Foreign Office said in a statement.
It added that the victim's family was being given the appropriate assistance.
Around 100 Britons are still unaccounted for more than two weeks after the hurricane struck.
The overall confirmed death toll in the southern states affected by Hurricane Katrina has passed 500.
Officials have said the final number of dead could be much lower than the thousands feared initially.