Newsletter
Weather
Community
English home Forum Photo Gallery Features Newsletter Archive   About US Help Site Map
China
World
Opinion
Business
Sci-Edu
Culture/Life
Sports
Photos
 Services
- Newsletter
- Online Community
- China Biz Info
- News Archive
- Feedback
- Voices of Readers
- Weather Forecast
 RSS Feeds
- China 
- Business 
- World 
- Sci-Edu 
- Culture/Life 
- Sports 
- Photos 
- Most Popular 
- FM Briefings 
 Search
 About China
- China at a glance
- China in brief 2004
- Chinese history
- Constitution
- Laws & regulations
- CPC & state organs
- Ethnic minorities
- Selected Works of Deng Xiaoping

Home >> World
UPDATED: 08:42, September 02, 2005
Al Qaida claims responsibility for July 7 London bombing
font size    

The Al Qaida terror network has claimed responsibility for the London bombings on July 7 that left 56 people dead and some 700 injured.

The claim was contained in a videotape that was previously broadcast on Qatar-based Al Jazeera TV, Britain's Sky news reported on Thursday evening.

Al Jazeera said the videotape showed the will of one of the July 7 London suicide bombers, Mohammad Sidique Khan, in which he blamed the attacks on Britain's support for the war on Iraq.

The station also said the tape included comments from Osama bin Laden's deputy, Ayman al Zawahri.

It is not immediately clear whether this was the same videotape aired by the channel on Aug. 4 in which Zawahri warned Britons of more attacks.

In that tape he warned that Prime Minister Tony Blair's policies would only bring more destruction to the country.

Source: Xinhua


Comments on the story Comment on the story Recommend to friends Tell a friend Print friendly Version Print friendly format Save to disk Save this


   Recommendation
- Text Version
- RSS Feeds
- China Forum
- Newsletter
- People's Comment
- Most Popular
 Related News
- "London bomber" makes bomb threat on Arab TV

Online marketplace of Manufacturers & Wholesalers

Copyright by People's Daily Online, all rights reserved